TrueBeam™ STx is admittedly the world's most advanced Linear Accelerator (LINAC) for radiotherapy. The biggest challenge in today's radio oncology is to protect normal cells and tissues from radiation. And no other LINAC in the world does it with as much precision as TrueBeam™ STx. With Asia Pacific's only TrueBeam™ STx machine at BGS Global Cancer Institute, we ensure the most precise radiotherapy. What's more, TrueBeam™ STx can also retain its precision of targeting cancer cells for moving organs, like the lungs and the liver. With any other LINAC, protecting normal cells in such cases is just impossible!
Intelligence is having an array of cancer treatment
While TrueBeam™ STx offers the most advanced radiotherapy in cancer, an array of treatments in different modalities make sure that the treatment is comprehensive. Needless to say, each modality offers world-class treatment supported by highly advanced techniques and procedures.
ADVANTAGES OF TRUEBEAM STX FOR CANCER PATIENTS REQUIRING RADIATION THERAPY
- Versatility - an ‘All in One’ machine
- TrueBeam STx is the one and only intelligent machine which has the capability of performing all types of radiotherapy techniques including the complex radiosurgical procedures like stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and stereotactic body radiotherapy(SBRT) by itself.
- This unparalleled unique versatility of the machine gives the radiation oncologist, the freedom of tailoring the best suitable treatment for each patient and deal all complex tumors with ease
- Fast, Precise Treatments
- Deliver treatments 2.4 to 4 times faster with a dose delivery that is with double the output of most other radio surgery systems.
- Further speeds up treatments with an up to five-fold reduction in the steps needed for imaging, positioning and treating patients.
- A complex radio-surgery that typically takes 30 to 60 minutes can be completed in just 5 to 20 minutes.
- Fast Imaging at Lower Doses
- Generates 3-D images of the tumor and surrounding anatomy 60% faster than was possible with previous technologies.
- Images can be generated using 25% less X-ray dose which is good for the patient.
- Can be used for many forms of advanced treatments, including stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) and stereotactic radio-surgery (SRS).
- Each of these approaches allows the Doctors to tailor the treatments to a patient’s particular type of cancer
- Treating Tumors That Move
- With advanced imaging, it delivers treatment more accurately by enabling Clinicians to actually “see” the tumor they treat and target tumors with sub-millimeter accuracy, which helps protect nearby healthy tissue and critical organs.
- Other motion management tools synchronize beam delivery with the tumor motion that occurs as the patient breathes in and out.
- The new Gated RapidArc capability makes it possible to compensate for respiratory motion during a RapidArc® radiotherapy technology treatment, which is faster than conventional approaches to image-guided radiotherapy because it is delivered with just one or several continuous rotations around the patient.
- This ‘gating’ capability helps maintain accuracy as the system synchronizes its targeting when tumor motion is an issue, for example during lung cancer treatments.
- This gating combination with RapidArc helps deliver safer, faster treatment with greater accuracy increasing patient comfort, for which TrueBeam STx is designed for.
- Improving the Patient Experience
- Offers features designed to improve the patient experience. Mechanisms run smoothly, quietly and fast.
- Three closed-circuit television systems and a two-way audio system allow for comprehensive monitoring of the patient from outside the treatment room and facilitate interactions between patient and therapist.
- Enhanced technology enables music to be played during the short treatments, helping to create a more soothing treatment environment.